INFO FOR ARTISTS
Highland Park, Illinois • November 17-19, 2017 • Friday, 4pm- 8pm
Saturday 10am- 5pm • Sunday, 10am- 5pm • Booth Fee | $500 • Double Deal | $800
Double deals are for single exhibitors with one body of work.
Looking to Apply?
It’s time to get your Bling on! Amdur Productions is proud to announce a holiday shopping festival: Bling, The Jewelry Show. Sending out some love to all of the jewelers and jewelry lovers with this Highland Park, Illinois INDOOR festival November 17, 18 and 19, 2017 located at the Highland Park Country Club.
Jewelers, wearables, gifts, and accessory artists are invite to this three day festival in one of the most upscale communities in the greater Chicago area. Festival load in takes place during the day Friday, November 17, with Friday hours of 4-8 pm, Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 10-5. This event is a free admission, free parking event for the public.
Pipe and drape, electricity, and food is included in the space fee and artists can rent tables to make load in even easier. Booth spaces are 9 feet wide by 5 feet deep. Artists can bring their own cases and set ups if they choose. Each space is $500 including rear pipe and drape (or wall). Artists may request corner, double wide or double deep booths and load in/out staff and power for additional fees as well.
This festival will be supported with full advertising and professional public relations. On site management throughout the event by Amdur Productions.
*Dates and details subject to change*
The festival is located at the Highland Park Country Club at 1201 Park Ave West, Highland Park, IL 60035.
Staff Support: Amdur Productions staff is present on site throughout the entire show to assist artists from load in to load out.
Booth Sitting: Amdur Productions staff is available to booth sit for artists throughout the entire show
Artist Parking: Amdur Productions reserves close free day and overnight parking for artists at no additional cost.
Load-in: This is a dolly in show.
Break Room: An artist break room/area provides refreshments throughout the festival for artists.
Marketing: A large multi-layered marketing plan supports this show with ads running in newspapers, advertisements, on radio, posters, street banners, social media and through direct mail postcards. Professional public relations ensures high visibility for this festival.
Security: Security is provided.
- January 16, 2017: Applications due
- February 14, 2017: Notifications of fest status online
- March 17, 2017: Registration forms and show fees due
- April 20, 207: Last day for refunds (less $50)
- November 17, 18 & 19, 2017: Bling: The Jewelry & Gift Show
- All artwork submitted to the jury process, displayed and presented for sale must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- Artist certifies that jury images submitted represent his/her current original work.
- Art collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor. Such a team may not consist up to two people. If you enter as a collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application and the collaborative effort must be clearly defined. Both artists must be present during all festival hours.
- No work by apprentices or employees will be accepted.
- Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited for all or part of an artist’s booth.
- Artwork created from commercial molds, mass-produced kits, embellished objects or other commercial methods or artwork produced in studios involved in volume production will not be permitted.
- Work made from ready-made items like clothing with painted, dyed or added embellishments will not be accepted.
- Acceptance is non-transferable.
- Bling: The Jewelry Show is a drug-free and alcohol-free environment.
- No smoking is allowed in artists booths.
- Accepted artists must be present and exhibit during all festival hours. No agents, representatives, family members or friends are permitted as a substitute for the accepted artists’ attendance.
- Any artist closing his/her booth prior to the end of the show will not be permitted to return the next day or in subsequent years (unless illness so requires).
- Only artwork or crafts in the category accepted through the jury process are allowed to be exhibited. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Committee to remove work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements.
- Discount/sales signs, ribbons and awards from other shows are not allowed.
- Each exhibitor is responsible to collecting and remitting local sales tax to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law.
Jury and Exhibit Space Fees
$25 Jury Fee (non-refundable)
$500 Exhibit Space Fee
Applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com. Juried Art Services is free to participating artists and includes a detailed introductory tutorial. After reviewing our prospectus and the JAS Tutorial, if you have any questions contact us via email or phone, and we will assist you with the process of applying to our festivals.
When applying in two categories, work in each must be substantially different. Four images of the work and 1 of the display must be submitted for each category. A separate jury fee is required for each category.
Online jury payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions through a secure payment system. Email confirmation of your payment will be sent. Please follow online payment instructions if paying your jury fee with a credit card. Your jury fee payment will be posted to JAS within three days after you submit your application. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to the office at 847-926-4300 or email@example.com.
If paying with a check or money order (US currency only) please send via US mail no later than 7 days after the submission of your online application. Applications will not be processed or forwarded on to our jury unless your jury fee is paid in full. The non-refundable jury fee check will be deposited on receipt.
All checks are to be made payable to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
Please note the festival title on your check.
Spaces are 10’ X 5’ and work must be contained within the assigned space. You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly. All tables must be skirted to the ground. Only one artist’s work or the work of two collaborating artists may be displayed per booth. Artist must keep their area clean and orderly.
An artist requesting a corner must either have the corner open or use the outside wall to display art.
Special booth space or special needs requests will be accepted but not guaranteed. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first served basis. Additional charges may apply. Please include all booth requests on the registration form.
During the festival, all exhibits will be visited by a festival representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the festival or refusal of future festival participation.
Jury and Selection Process
The artistic work submitted by each artist is juried based on the criteria listed below:
- Body of Work: How well the images represent a point of view
- Artistic Theme: design, vision, creativity
- Technical Competence: technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
Notification and Booth Fee Payment
Once the jury process is complete, all artists will receive an email from Amdur Productions with the status of accepted or wait list. Artists who have been accepted will then need to fill out the online registration form and complete payment before the show.
If the booth fee is not received by the deadline date, the artist may forfeit his/her participation in the festival.
Credit card payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to our accounting office at 847-926-4300.
If paying with a check or money order (US Currency only) please send via US mail no later than 14 days after the notification date. Include artist’s name and name of festival on your check.
All checks are to be made payable to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
If you have any questions regarding status notification or our payment process please contact us.
Categories – All artists must apply to a category
3D Functional – Dimensional work that has a function – such as wearable fiber
Jewelry – All jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials, must be entered in this category. No commercial cast, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Sub-categories – All artists must select a sub-category
Fiber – Original work created by the artist from fibers/fabric or leather including batik, basketry, weaving, and quilt-making. No factory produced items are permitted.
Glass – Original work created in glass by the artist including blown glass, fused glass or stained glass.
Metal – Original work created by the artist without use of a production studio.
Mixed Media – Incorporates more than one type of material.
Wood – Original hand-tooled, machine worked, built-up, turned or carved work in wood.
Gold and/or Silver – Precious metal or precious metal clay used in jewelry
Leather – Primary material used
Stone – Carved
Other – If your category is not represented, you may add your own
An Artist Statement describing the technique, materials, and processes used in the creation of your entire body of work must be included with each Juried Art Services entry. Co-artists must describe the collaboration. Your Artist Statement may be used in the promotion of the festival through public relations efforts and should be no longer than a maximum of 1000 characters (including punctuation and spacing).
Wait List Policy
A wait list is selected from the jury’s scores in each category, and wait listed artists are invited as cancellations occur in that particular category. Wait list artists can be accepted up to and on the day of the show and will be notified by phone and email when a booth becomes available.
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail, fax, or email. Emails should be sent to the Artists Director, Caitlin, at Caitlin@amdurproductions.com.
No refunds after April 20, 2017. Booth fee transfers to next year’s festival will be determined on a per case basis.
No Show Policy
Artists who have not checked in and/or notified Amdur Productions with a message via festival phone (224-253-2330), office phone (847-926-4300), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 7:00 am Friday (first day of festival) will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.
By applying to this festival, I hereby certify that these images represent my original work, and that the work is unique and made by me. I also agree to follow all festival rules as outlined in the prospectus. In partnership situations, we declare that our combined efforts made every individual piece of work we would exhibit, if accepted. I/We also agree to allow images of my/our work to be used in the event related to publicity and or materials.
Please Fill in the following information:
- Artist Statement Required –Yes
- Event Full Name (As it will appear online): Bling: The Jewelry Show 2017
- Event Dates: November 17-19, 2017
Start: November 17, 2017
End: November 19, 2017
- Notification Date: February 14, 2017
- Event Location (City, State): Highland Park, Illinois
- Application Dates
Deadline (Monday through Friday): January 16, 2017
Late Deadline: None
- Application Fee: $25
- Additional Late Fee: None
Payment and other info: $500