When: January 13, 2018 from 10AM to 12PM
Where: Highland Park Country Club | 1201 Park Avenue West, Highland Park, IL 60035
Who: Any and all artists are invite!
What: Please join us for a special FREE admission Workshop that will cover key topics for Artists’ success at Art Festivals. Amy Amdur, of Amdur Productions will be the featured speaker. Amy is the producer of over thirty annual Art Festivals across the country. Amy will lead an overview session where she will cover:
- Selecting your shows
- How to select your jury images
- Planning your booth display
- Mock jury (deadlines apply*)
*If you wish to participate in the mock jury, please send 4 art images & 1 booth image to Caitlin@amdurproductions.com by January 1.*
Click Here to Save Your Seat!
We hope you can join us for this fun and educational session of how to grow your art business!
So many choices of what to do on a summer weekend….We try to pack it into 3 months in Chicago. Why go to an art festival this weekend? Specifically the Southport Art Festival? Well….let me count the reasons:
1. Art enriches the soul. Nothing like a vitamin shot for the spirit. 100 artists to take in.
2. Art has been proven to be healing and calming. This means looking at art is good for your health.
3. Free. Looking at art at the Southport Art Festival is free. There is NO ADMISSION. Free is good.
4. Wheel friendly…whether you are pushing a double or triple stroller (thanks fertility docs) or are moving around on wheels or in a scooter…this fest is for you. The fest is all flat, no curbs or stairs. Come on down and enjoy. Handicap portolets too.
5. Get your steps in! Walking a fest is a great way to get your steps in..all you fit bit wearers.
6. Love life. Art Festivals are one of the top recommended destinations for dates. Move from texting to meeting..and do it at the Southport Art Festival. One day when you are married, you will look back on where you met, and might possible name your child Art.
7. Music to the ears…That is David Dallison. Accomplished and totally cool David plays guitar flanked by his oh so talented fellow musicians from the Main Stage Saturday 10-7 and Sunday 10-5. And…btw…free.
8. Learn….Talk to artists about their process…how they Made It. There’s more than paint by number here.
9. Studio to you…kind of like farm to table…but this is buying art directly from the maker. No big box art from unknown sources here. When you buy art, you are directly supporting a person who has made something by hand. Very green too.
10. Real Job, real art. Now that you have a real job, live in a real apartment/house, it is time for real art. There’s something for every budget too.
So, now that you are full of reasons to come to the Southport Art Festival, here’s what you need to know:
Saturday 10-7, Sunday 10-5. On Southport north of Waveland.
Hosted by the Southport Neighbors Association.
Produced by Amdur Productions and Star Events.
For more, go to Amdurproductions.com
You don’t have to be rich to have great art. Paintings, photographs, cool 3d pieces in glass, wood, metal, and mixed media pieces (think collage) are all there waiting for you at the closest juried art festival. Juried art festivals are events where artists had to apply and only the best are invited to show and sell their work.
Thanks to Live the Glamour, we are reaching out to the art lovers that are getting their real apartments and decorating them with real art!
Posters were great in college dorm rooms. Department store art was fine in our college apartments. Now, you are a grown up (or so people tell you) and you have a real apartment. Your real apartment is where you sleep (most of the time) where you go after your real job, where you have your real friends over for real drinks. You have real furniture, and it is time for REAL ART.