Amdur Productions may have additional summer employment opportunities for the 2013 season. Applicants must be at least 18 years old. Flexible hours available, including weekday and weekend.
General Application Instructions
Applicants should send resume to Lindsey Galassini at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate availability and interest in office and/or on-site festival work. Also include a minimum of three references.
Festival production company seeks highly motivated, responsible, and hard working Production Assistants for our 2013 summer festival season.
Production Assistants will assist with festival set-up and break-down, including artist load-in, temporary office load-in and set-up, installation of signage, barricades, tents, tables, chairs, electric, etc. Throughout the festival, Production Assistants will provide artist services and festival maintenance.
Qualified applicants should possess a strong interest in the arts, culture, and entertainment industries. Must be personable, professional and dedicated to providing quality service and work. Knowledge of event planning and/or experience in event based or costumer service work is preferred. Carpentry and/or electric experience is a plus. Candidate must work well with others in teams and should enjoy working with their hands. Candidate should be experienced in multi-tasking and problem solving, and possess the ability to think preemptively. Candidates with some college are preferred.
Candidates must be able to work outside standard business hours, including weekends and have reliable transportation. Position requires the ability to lift at least 50 lbs and spend significant time standing and working outdoors. Position requires approximately 30-40 hours per week.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Event Production Manager
Chicago-area special event company specializing in art festivals seeks a full time Event Production Manager to manage the production of 17+ annual festivals and events. We are a growing small business with long term growth potential for the right candidate.Responsibilities include:
- Negotiate, contract, and schedule all festival vendors including, but not limited to: tents, electric, fencing, barricades, scavenger, portable toilets, staging, promotional items, etc.
- Select and contract festival food vendors and musicians. Manage food vendors and musicians on-site.
- Secure, complete, and submit all required festival permits through applications, supporting documents, and timely follow up.
- Hire, train, schedule, and manage festival staff including but not limited to production assistants, security personnel, and janitorial staff.
- Research and develop potential new festival venues and partners.
- Research, develop, and implement new festival initiatives and programming elements aimed at increasing media attention and attendance.
- Engage in critical path planning and execution.
- Work with Production Supervisor to order all necessary festival supplies and ensure that all supplies are available when needed.
- Proof all festival collateral including but not limited to marketing pieces, programs, signage, banners, etc.
- Provide back up assistance answering artist calls and emails.
- Ensure all information on company website is up to date and correct. Write web copy when necessary.
- Create production schedules and important contact hot sheets as required.
- Draft correspondence to high level local officials, including Mayors and City Managers, and VIP partners.
- Secure in kind donations to support festival(s) as required.
- Work with director to create effective on site signage programs. Order festival signage as needed and create deployment plan.
- Attend meetings on the director's behalf as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Applicants should be available to work most weekends May through September, including early mornings, late nights, and some 16 hour days. Applicants should be able to stand for long periods of time and lift at least 25 lbs. Reliable transportation is required. Previous festival, live event/performance, or tradeshow/convention experience is required. Proven ability to handle stress and emergency situations is required. Applicants must have excellent computer skills. Superb organizational skills and proven ability to multi-tasking required. Previous experience staffing, managing, and retaining successful teams is preferred. College and advanced degrees preferred. Additional knowledge of and skills in web, marketing, and/or graphic design a plus. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.