Amdur Productions Presents MADE Holiday Pop Up on December 15
Seasonal Shoppers Can Eat, Drink and Buy Gifts!
Artisan Offerings, Full Bar and Food Trucks in the West Loop
Features Make-Your-Own-Holiday-Cards Station
The MADE Holiday Pop Up, produced by Highland Park-based company Amdur Productions, comes to Morgan Manufacturing, 401 N. Morgan Street, in Chicago, Illinois, for one day only, on Sunday, December 15, from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Patrons can download free admission tickets at the Amdur website. MADE is accessible by the CTA Red Line, State and Grand stop, and several bus lines. Discounted parking is available through SpotHero.
MADE, which features artisan gifts, a full cash bar and food trucks, is curated to feature the newest, trendiest and most interesting handmade art, jewelry, wearables and gift items created by makers from Chicagoland and beyond. This West Loop indoor shopping show features art, décor, fashion, accessories, food, clothing, lotions, stationery, furniture and more. If it can be hand MADE, it is at this show!
In addition to passionately-made goods, wine, beer and a specialty cocktail “Artini” will be offered for purchase at the event. Foodies can enjoy Chicago’s popular Harold’s Chicken and Fat Shallot classic sandwich food trucks on site as well.
Jenny Rhead of Greetings by Jenny will offer a make-your-own-holiday-cards station. For $6 per person, she’ll provide the materials to create custom notecards with Santa and other holiday-inspired images.
Other Chicagoland-based artists sharing their talents at this event include:
- Trish Carnevale, Pixie and the Boy, featuring fun, stylish bibs, burp cloths and pacifier clips
- Gina Giordano, fine chocolate made with chocolate liqueur
- Heidi Hess, classic knit jackets and clothing designs
- Troy Holmes, Portage Park Candle Company, handmade soy candles with antique candle holders named after streets in Portage Park
- Robin Nathan, Palette Earth Designs, one-of-a-kind jewelry
- Patricia Talbot, SAOR Perfume, scents for women as well as candles
- Kathleen Toomey, Mighty Violet Design, celebrating “Mighty Moments” such as accomplishments, birthdays and milestones with creative cards and stationery
- Bradly Williams, BLBW Jewelry Design, jewelry maker and designer
“We invite our Chicagoland neighbors to ‘Eat, Drink, Be Merry,’ and buy gifts at our December MADE show,” said Amy Amdur from Amdur Productions. “We’re thrilled that local Chicago artist Jenny Rhead will help patrons make their own holiday cards. Heidi Hess will also show folks how to wear her warm and wonderful hoodie ponchos.”
“We’re also excited to share the works of up-and-coming clothing designer Zainab Sumu. This artist’s lush creations are crowd stoppers! Other hot talents featured at this year’s MADE Holiday Pop Up include Emily Graf, who creates wonderful faux stones made from felt, and Cecile Derel, who has lovely glass pieces. Additionally, Trish Carnevale has clever kids’ gifts and Sara Hartung has handmade paper journals. There is truly something unique for everybody on your gift list!” added Amdur.