- All artwork submitted to jury, displayed and presented for sale at festivals must be created, designed and made or made under the direct supervision of the accepted artist(s). All artwork shown must be for sale.
- An artist may apply in more than one category, but not twice in the same category.
- Jewelry created through fabrication and casting is allowed if the original casts are made by the artist.
- No commercial casts/molds allowed in production.
- No factory produced items allowed.
- Photography/Digital art: Original work made by the hands of the photographer is allowed. Only one size of an image may be hung in a booth. All printing of images must be done by the photographer or under their direct supervision.
- Artists must create their work from start to finish.
- The Artist certifies that jury images submitted represent their current original work and represent the category and body of art that will be displayed at the festival.
- Art collaborators (up to two artists in total) producing a single item qualify as an exhibitor. A collaborator is not an employee or helper. If artists enter as a collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application and art shown must be signed by both.
- No work made solely by apprentices or employees is allowed. All artwork must be made in the country the artist resides in.
- “Buy/sell” items are strictly prohibited from all or part of an artist’s booth. Buy/Sell is any art or object that is purchased from a manufacturer or maker other than the artist and sold at a festival as “original” work. The restriction of buy/sell work is in ALL categories of art at ALL shows.
- Multiples: Limited editions of work in which the artist hand manipulates plates, stones, or screens numbered and signed in editions up to 500 are allowed and are an artist’s original body of work. Reproductions by mechanical techniques including “giclee” and “iris” prints must be signed and numbered (up to 500). Artists may display reproductions on up to 10 linear feet of their booth, and at the Port Clinton Art Festival in a single bin only.
- All booths dressed on street and store side OR accessible from the sidewalk and the street.
- There are many openings to store fronts all around the festival. Artists MUST NOT extend nor block these openings.
- The Glen Town Center prefers no back walls.
- No booths can be deeper than 10′.
- Acceptance is non-transferable. Booths cannot be split without the expressed consent from the Festival Committee.
- All festivals are drug-free. No smoking or vaping is allowed in or near artists’ booths.
- Accepted artists must be present during all festival hours. No agents, representatives, family members or friends are permitted as a substitute for the accepted artists’ attendance, unless express exception is granted in special circumstances.
- Any artist closing the booth prior to the end of the show without permission will not be permitted to return the next day or in future years.
- Only artwork in the category accepted through the jury process is allowed. It is the exclusive right of the Festival Committee to direct removal of work at the show that is not in compliance with festival rules. Non-complying artists will be asked to leave the show immediately and no refund will be given.
- Discount/sales signs, and ribbons from other shows are not allowed.
- Each exhibitor is responsible to collecting and remitting local sales tax to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law.
- White tents only.
- Double and corner spaces may be requested but not guaranteed and are awarded at the sole discretion of the Festival Committee. Double spaces must be occupied by two tents.
Reproduction and Limited Edition Prints Policy
Fine art reproductions must be clearly and individually labeled as a limited edition which is signed and numbered on the front of each piece. The method of reproduction and brief process description must be on the back. Browse bins may be used, but reproductions may not be mixed with originals. Framed reproductions may be hung on one wall not to exceed a total of ten linear feet. No laser prints or photo copies permitted.
Limited Edition Prints are printed works for which the artist hand manipulates the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition. These hand pulled prints are considered to be originals. Printmakers are encouraged to identify their process.
Exhibit Space Policies
Spaces are 12’ wide X 10’ deep and work must be contained within the assigned space. You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly. Exhibitors must have a white tent. All tables must be skirted to the ground. Only one artist’s work or the work of two approved collaborating artists may be displayed per booth. Artist must keep their area clean and orderly. Double and corner spaces may be requested but are not guaranteed and are awarded at the sole discretion of the Festival Committee. Double spaces must be occupied by two tents.
An artist requesting a corner must either have the corner wall open or use the outside wall to display art.
Special booth space and special needs requests will be accepted (including corner space and double space requests) but are not guaranteed. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first served basis. Additional charges may apply. If invited into a show, please include all booth requests on that show’s registration form.
During the festival, all exhibits will be visited by a festival representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the festival or refusal of future festival participation.
All canopies are required to be white and able to withstand winds and rain and be properly weighted. Properly weighting requires AT LEAST 40 pounds per leg (more in windy weather). Tents must be connected to weights with rope or straps, not bungee cords. Weights may not include cinderblocks or water jugs as they do not meet the 40 pound requirement.
Wait List Policy
A wait list is selected from the jury’s scores in each category, and wait listed artists are invited into the show as cancellations occur in that particular category. Wait list artists can resubmit art images and/or a booth image for reconsideration on their overall jury score. Wait list artists can be accepted up to and on the day of the show and will be notified by phone and/or email when a booth becomes available.
We at Amdur Productions, as the rest of the world are watching the Coronavirus, COVID-19, situation very carefully, with our primary concern being the safety and well being of the artists, sponsors, public and staff involved with our festivals. In the event a festival is officially cancelled by the municipality where the festival is to take place, or by Amdur Productions, due to health concerns attributable to the Coronavirus, COVID-19, artists’ space fees already paid to Amdur Productions, Inc. for that event will be 100 % refunded.
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail, fax, or email. Emails should be sent to the Director of Artist Relations, Caitlin, at [email protected]
If an artist cancels a show on or before April 20, 2020, they will be given a refund for the amount they have paid towards the booth, less $50 processing fee. Application fees, credit card processing fees, and permit fees are non-refundable. NO REFUNDS AFTER APRIL 20, 2020.
Artists that cancel after April 20, 2020 can have the amount that they have paid toward their booth fee transferred to another 2020 Amdur Productions’ festival balance. The fee to transfer is $125. Permit fees, credit card processing fees, and application fees are non-transferable between festivals. Credit transfer will not be accepted if an artist cancels within a week from the festival start date. Credits from a cancelled show can only be transferred once.
No Show Policy
Artists who have not checked in and/or notified Amdur Productions with a message via festival phone (TBD), office phone (847-926-4300), or email ([email protected]) by 7:30 am on the first day of festival, will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.
By applying to this festival, I hereby certify that these images represent my original work, and that the work is unique and made by me. I also agree to follow all festival rules as outlined in the prospectus. In partnership situations, we declare that our combined efforts made every individual piece of work we would exhibit, if accepted. I/We also agree to allow images of my/our work to be used in publicity and or materials.