Millennium Art FestivalArtist Information
Show Description, Key Facts, Exhibitor Info
Located two blocks north of Chicago’s bustling Millennium Park and “The Bean”, the 15th Annual Millennium Art Festival returns to downtown Chicago for its fourteenth year. More than 175,000 people visit the area daily for work or play at the Illinois Center Complex, Chicago Art Institute, Chicago Cultural Center, the famous Millennium Park, and the “Bean”. Chicagoans, convention attendees and tourists patronize and love this big city show.
The festival is held in Chicago, just south of the Chicago River, in the area known as South Michigan Avenue, close to the vast array of cultural amenities long associated with a destination in the heart of the city. The neighborhood is bordered by Lake Michigan, the Chicago River, and Michigan Avenue to the west and Randolph Street to the south. This community is primarily residential, in spite of its downtown location, and is noted for architecturally significant buildings that grace the city skyline as they run parallel to Millennium Park, Grant Park and Lake Shore Drive. The neighborhood is home to the well-known and often recognized Harbor Point Tower, a high rise that sits as a beacon to Chicago’s outer drive. Newer residences such as 340-on-the-Park and Aqua are welcome additions to the neighborhood. These condominium destinations provide their occupants with original architecture that is esthetically appealing and both environmentally and energy efficient in design. Business headquarters, offices and consulates add to the vibrancy of the area.
The Festival opens to the public on Friday at 11am to reach the tremendous numbers of people who office and attend conferences in the area. Saturday and Sunday the festival enjoys visitors from near and far.
The festival takes place right off Chicago’s famous Michigan Avenue on Lake Street next to some of the most famous and tallest buildings in the world including the Prudential Building and world famous AON Tower (originally the Standard Oil Building). Admission to the festival is free. Easy drive up to your booth makes load in and load out a breeze.
Festival Quick Facts
- Urban show
- Personal load-in and load out assistance available (fee)
- Easy drive up and set up
- Close parking (fee)
- Rental of weights, tents, and panels available (fee)
Important Dates and Deadlines
- January 23, 2023: Applications due for all festivals
- January 24, 2023 and Thereafter: Late application fees apply, $10 per festival
- February 23, 2023: Notifications of festival status online
- March 23, 2023: Registration forms and show fees due (in full or half).
- March 24, 2023 and Thereafter: Late registration fees apply, $20 per festival
- April 1, 2023: Last day for refunds (less $50)
- June 1, 2023: Balances for show fees due
*Dates and details subject to change
Exhibiting Artist Information – 2022 Info Below for Reference
2022 FESTIVAL TAX FORM FOR ARTISTS
2022 artist hotel & parking information
Follow Amdur Productions Just for Artists on Facebook!
- Artist Sales: Artists keep all their sales income from the show.
- Exhibitor Spaces: About 110 spaces
- Staff Support: Amdur Productions staff is present on site throughout the entire festival to assist artists from load in to load out.
- Load-in: Thursday evening and Friday morning load-in available. Artists will be able to drive up to or very close to their booth space and unload their vehicle.
- Booth Sitting: Amdur Productions staff is available to booth sit for artists throughout the entire festival
- Artist Parking: Amdur Productions gives their best effort to provide close parking at discounted rates.
- Tent Rental: Tents, weights, tables, and chairs are available for rent.
- Pro Panel Rental: We have limited “pro-panel” walls available for artists. Rental is on a first come/first served basis, quantity is limited. $300 = 9 panels fully set up, $250 = 9 panels without set up.
- Set Up/Take Down Help: Booth set up and take down assistance is available on a scheduled pre-reserved time. $45 per 30 minutes.
- Hotel Rooms: Amdur Productions works to provide discounts at local hotels for each festival.
- Awards: Bestowed at the festival.
- Marketing: A large multi-layered marketing plan supports this show with ads running in newspapers, advertisements, on radio, posters, street banners, social media, and through direct mail postcards. A professional public relations team ensures high visibility for this festival. Over $500,000 is spent on marketing for the festival season.
- Security: Overnight security is provided.