Amdur Productions Offers Paid Summer Internship Programs!
Calling all intern applicants! Amdur Productions is now offering a Paid Summer Internship Program. This is a great way to build your resume, gain college credit and work towards your future in the event world. Gain Experience By Becoming an Intern with Amdur Productions! We’re looking for energetic, well-organized college students to help manage all aspects of our festival production including office work prior to the festival and management on-site at festival.
For over 39 years, Amdur Productions, a nationally acclaimed arts festival production company, has organized and directed many of the Midwest’s most prestigious juried art festivals. Many of Amdur’s festivals are rated in Sunshine Artist Magazine’s Top 100 with several appearing in the Top 50.
Interns will participate in both office pre-production and planning as well as on site event management. Interns will be involved with event setup and tear down, third party vendor management, creation and distribution of artist welcome packets, and work under the direction of senior staff. Amdur Productions is a team driven company producing 20 events annually in the greater Chicago and Milwaukee area.
If you are interested in one of our event management internships, we want to know more about you. Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “SUMMER INTERN_Your Name_2023”. Keep in mind, we receive many applications for our Summer Internship Program so please feel free to get creative!
Qualifications and Requirements
- Availability to work in person in the Chicago area for a minimum of 8 weeks
- Weekend and week availability
- Must be able to stand/be on your feet for more than 4 hours
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Ability to be outside for 8 hours in all weather conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets. Mailchimp is a plus.
- Previous experience using databases a plus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Friendly, enthusiastic attitude
- Desire to be part of a team
Office Responsibilities Include:
- Incoming email management
- Answering phones
- Artist communications via phone and email
- Processing artist applications & registrations
- Database entry
- Creating e-blasts for the public
- Social media assistance
Event Responsibilities Include:
- Event site prep before load in
- Event load in/set up
- Artist welcoming and credentialing
- Assist with coordination of on site third parties
- Assist with coordination of tents, tables, chairs and other infrastructure
- Participation in set up of special feature areas
- Staffing the Info Booth and Artist area as needed
- You will learn event production from planning through execution
- You will learn the importance of timelining an event
- You will learn how to maximize the event experience for participants and the public
- You will gain experience and confidence as a team member with participants and the public
- You will learn about all different mediums of art
- You will meet hundreds of artists from all over the country!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected]