- Acceptance is non-transferable. Booths can be split if all artists wishing to exhibit have been juried into the festival.
- All festivals are drug-free. No smoking is allowed in or near artists’ booths.
- Business sponsored combined artists booths may designate a booth host to substitute for the artists’ attendance.
- Any artist closing the booth prior to the end of the show without permission will not be permitted to return in future shows.
- Only artwork in the category accepted through the jury process is allowed. It is the exclusive right of the Festival Committee to remove work that is not in compliance with festival rules.
- Discount/sales signs, and ribbons from other shows are not allowed.
- Each exhibitor is responsible to collecting and remitting local sales tax to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law.
- White tents only.
Reproduction and Limited Edition Prints Policy
Fine art reproductions must be clearly and individually labeled as a limited edition which is signed and numbered on the front of each piece. The method of reproduction and brief process description must be on the back. Browse bins may be used, but reproductions may not be mixed with originals. Framed reproductions may be hung on one wall not to exceed a total of ten linear feet. No laser prints or photo copies permitted.
Limited Edition Prints are printed works for which the artist hand manipulates the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition. These hand pulled prints are considered to be originals. Printmakers are encouraged to identify their process.
Application Process & Reserving Your Space
Once artists submit the application, if approved, we will send an invitation to the show from [email protected] to the email provided on the application within 5 business days. In this invitation, there will be a link to register and pay for your space, along with a place to write any special requests. Spaces will be reserved in order of registrations and payments received.
Credit card payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to Annette in our accounting office at 847-926-4300.
If paying with a check or money order (US Currency only) please send via US mail as soon as possible. Space will be reserved only when the check and registration is received. Include artist’s name and name of festival on your check.
All checks are to be made payable to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
If you have any questions regarding status notification or our payment process please contact us.
Spaces are 10’ X 10’ and work must be contained within the assigned space. You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly. Exhibitors must have a white tent. All tables must be skirted to the ground. Only one artist’s work or the work of two approved collaborating artists may be displayed per booth. Artist must keep their area clean and orderly. Double and multiple spaces are considered and must be occupied by two tents.
An artist requesting a corner must either have the corner wall open or use the outside wall to display art.
Special booth space and special needs requests will be accepted but are not guaranteed. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first served basis. Additional charges may apply. Please include all booth requests on the registration form.
During the festival, all exhibits will be visited by a festival representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the festival or refusal of future festival participation.
All canopies are required to be white and able to withstand winds and rain and be properly weighted. Properly weighting requires AT LEAST 40 pounds per leg (more in windy weather). Tents must be connected to weights with rope or straps, not bungee cords. Weights may not include cinderblocks or water jugs as they do not meet the 40 pound requirement.
Categories – All artists must apply to a category
- 2D – Original two-dimensional work including graphite, charcoal, chalk, pastels, wax crayon, inks, and washes. All work must be framed and/or presented in a finished format. 2D Artists must show work vertically in your booth. Matted work must be shown in bins only.
- 3D Functional – Dimensional work that has a function – such as wearable fiber or wood furniture.
- 3D Non Functional – Art that serves an aesthetic not functional purpose. Generally “sculptures.”
- Painting – Original, two-dimensional work created with pigment, including oils, acrylics, watercolor, egg tempura, etc.
- Photography – Signed prints created by the artist from his/her own original negative or digital files that have been “taken” and processed by that artist or under the artist’s direct supervision.
- Jewelry – No buy/sell or buy/sell fill-in allowed.
Sub-categories – All artists must select a sub-category
- Ceramics – Original shaped and fired clay (including earthenware, porcelain, stoneware and terracotta)
- Fiber – Original work created by the artist from fibers/fabric or leather including batik, basketry, weaving, and quilt-making. No factory produced items are permitted.
- Furniture – Original work in any material which is functional as a piece of functional furniture or home accessory.
- Glass – Original work created in glass by the artist including blown glass, fused glass or stained glass.
- Print Making – Prints manually created by the artist using plates, stones or screens which have been signed and numbered.
- Metal – Original work created by the artist without use of a production studio.
- Mixed Media – Includes collage and handmade paper; incorporates more than one type of material. Generally flat, wall hung art.
- Wood – Original hand-tooled, machine worked, built-up, turned or carved work in wood.
- Acrylic Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
- Acrylic Resin – Applied to a surface in any way
- Batik – Technique used on fabric
- Collage – Variety of materials applied to a surface
- Drawing – Charcoal, graphite, and color pencils applied to a surface
- Egg Tempera – Applied to a surface in any way
- Gold and/or Silver – Precious metal or precious metal clay used in jewelry
- Leather – Primary material used
- Oil Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
- Paper – Hand made
- Pastel – Dry pigments applied to a surface
- Photo – Black & white, color, black and white & color, hand color, digital. Select the area the majority of your work is in
- Stone – Carved
- Watercolor – Applied in any way
- Other – If your category is not represented, you may add your own
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail, fax, or email. Emails should be sent to the Director of Artist Relations, Caitlin, at [email protected]
Booth fees, permit fees and application fees are non-refundable and non-transferable between festivals.
No Show Policy
Artists who have not checked in and/or notified Amdur Productions with a message via festival phone (224-253-2330), office phone (847-926-4300), or email ([email protected]) by 7:30 am on the first day of festival, will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.
By applying to this festival, I hereby certify that these images represent my original work, and that the work is unique and made by me. I also agree to follow all festival rules as outlined in the prospectus. In partnership situations, we declare that our combined efforts made every individual piece of work we would exhibit, if accepted. I/We also agree to allow images of my/our work to be used in publicity and or materials.