What are the Jurors Looking for?
- Cohesive body of work, originality, and point of view.
What are My Chances of Getting Into a Festival?
- Every year there are a new panel of judges and a new group of artists. The only artists that are invited back are the award winners. There’s always a new opportunity to be accepted into the festivals every year!
What if I Don’t have a Booth Image?
- If you don’t have a booth image, you can create a mock set up of your art with two walls for 2D work. You can use skirted tables or pedestals for jewelry and 3D art.
How Do I Upload Images for Jury?
- Go to JuriedArtServices.com and follow this tutorial to create portfolios and upload images. If you need assistance, email [email protected]
What If I Don’t Have a Tent?
- If you don’t have a tent, you can rent one through us! We coordinate tent rentals with a professional tent company that sets up the tent with weights and cover walls and they take the tent down for you at the end of the festival. The fee for this is $230.
Can I still Edit My Application and Change My Images that I’ve Submitted?
- Yes. You have up until the late deadline of January 19th, 2015 to switch out images, change the order of the images, or add your artist statement.
Which Category Should I Apply for?
- Paintings: All media
- 2D: Flat art, not painting
- Jewelry: All media
- Photography: All techniques
- 3D Functional: Art with function
- 3D Non Functional: 3D sculptural work
What Makes Amdur Art Festivals Special?
- Professionalism: Every staff member is knowledgeable in event planning coordinating and loves what they do
- Extensive and Professional Marketing and Advertising
- Real People: Staff members are always present and readily available to help the artists
- Top Rated and Longstanding Festivals
- Organization: Every detail in our festivals, from planning to production is thought out, reviewed, analyzed and executed to make the best art festival experience for all
What Do I Get for My Booth Fee?
Who Selects the Artists?
There is a panel of 13 jurors who will be judging the artists who’ve applied for the 2015 festivals. Jurors go through all of the images and assign them a point value. Then the scores are totaled and then artists are ranked according to their scores. We accept the first batch of artists depending on the number of available spaces. As space becomes available, we then go to the waitlist and invite artists in order of rank and media. The jurors for this year are as follows:
|Carol||Abbate||Chicago Botanic Garden|
|Dan Neil||Barnes||3D Non Functional Artist|
|Jackie||Chilow||The ArtCenter of Highland Park Director of Events|
|Scott||DeLaney||Arlington Heights Arts Commission|
|Gabrielle||Hutchison||Chicago Botanic Garden|
|Mark||Mattivi||Art Proffessor and Photography Artist|
|Armando||Pedroso||2D Mixed Media Artist|
|Mike||Pfeifer||Graphic Artist; Pfang Multimedia|
|Gabrielle||Rousso||The ArtCenter of Highland Park; Executive Director|
|John & Christine||Strobel||Jewelry Artists|
|Jodi||Zombolo||Chicago Botanic Garden|