5 TIPS FOR A GREAT ARTIST STATEMENT
Application season is here! Have your artist statement work for you with the writing tips below…
5 Tips for a Great Artist Statement:
- Keep it short and concise. Don’t feel like you need to use all the characters permitted. Just like a resume, make sure you fit in all the important points and no more. Longer is not better.
- Explain what you do and how you do it. That’s it! The jurors will read the artist statement for clarification of your work and your process, not about why you became an artist.
- Keep the same tense throughout your statement. If you write in the present tense, stay in the present tense.
- Keep all the important points in the beginning of the statement. If you add your credentials, add them at the end for further information.
- Explain which parts you made and which parts you bought to further clarify your eligibility for a show. Jurors will be looking out for original art.
GET MORE TIPS AT BOOT CAMP
You can also join us for Art Fest Boot Camp, a FREE 2 hour seminar on exhibiting in art festivals! Taking a seminar can give you ideas on how to do things differently at art festivals. It can inspire ideas on marketing your art, displaying your art, and selling your art.