ArtZipper.com Image Tips
The better your images, the better your sales will be. Image quality is everything when selling online.
Here are some tips:
- Clear, sharply focused images are vital.
- Do not over-photoshop images, avoid pixilation.
- Good lighting makes a difference. Use natural light or 2 well-balanced symmetrical light sources. Avoid harsh shadows, flash “burnout”, and reflections.
- Photograph your work against a solid or gradient background. Do NOT photograph against a pattern, a wrinkled sheet or in a room setting.
- Wearables can be shown on a model, if desired. Avoid using mannequins with creepy faces or in bad condition.
- Paintings/2D art should be shown as they will be sold. If a mat and frame are included, show them. Photograph the work in its entirety, straight on, preferably on a wall.
- Jewelry should be shown one object to an image. Earrings can be shown as a pair and should be shown hanging vertically. Symmetrical or intentional placement of necklaces, chains and bracelets makes a big difference.
- Strive to have the art piece dominate the image field so that it is as large as possible.
- Strive for even exposure in all images as they will be seen together in your online gallery.
- Strive for the same size image files so that all of your images will appear to be the same size online.