The size and weight of your art determines how you hang it:
- Large, heavy work will need to have two heavy duty picture hooks screwed or nailed into wall studs.
- Paintings need to be “wired” on the back side which is typically already done by the artist.
- Two hooks keep a painting level on this spinning planet.
- Smaller pieces do not require a stud, and while one hook will work, two are better for keeping things level.
- Be careful not to hang too small a piece on a big wall.
- Other common hanging mistakes include hanging art too high.
- The correct height is based on having the middle of the painting at eye level.