TOP 10 IMAGE TIPS FOR HIGHER JURY SCORES
Every year, many artists miss jury points in their application because of the images of their artwork. Artists can earn easy points by following these Top 10 Image Tips for their jury images.
1. Clear, sharply focused images are best. If the image is not as clear as you’d like, have a professional take the picture!
2. Represent a cohesive body of work, by form, technique or concept in the four images you submit.
3. Show the work fully. If you did not make a part of the artwork, don’t include it in the image. Example, don’t show the matting in a framed piece.
4. Do not show the frames in the case of flat art unless the frame is part of the artwork as a whole.
5. Show one piece of work per image.
6. Bold colors are viewed better than pastels, whites, grays, and blacks.
7. Well-lit, even exposure in all images is crucial.
8. Images should not be digitally altered except to correct contrast or adjust brightness.
9. High resolution image files are best.
10. Have a neutral colored background so that the background does not overpower or detract from your work.
Join us for the New, In-Person Art Smart Boot Camp! In this all day Boot Camp, we will cover everything from the basics of participating in art festivals to ultimately helping artists SELL MORE ART!