Show Description, Key Facts, Exhibitor Info
The “Granddaddy of American Art Festivals,” the 65th Annual Gold Coast Art Fair returns to Grant Park, Chicago’s premier festival destination! The Gold Coast Art Fair is the 3rd oldest and by far one of the most well attended art festivals in Chicago. Located within walking distance of the Art Institute of Chicago, Millennium Park, The Bean, and Buckingham Fountain, the Gold Coast Art Fair draws hundreds of thousands of art enthusiasts from Chicago and the surrounding suburbs annually. A heavy advertising program also brings in tourists who buy art as a memory of their special time in Chicago.
The Gold Coast Art Fair features about 300 artists in a lovely setting with both lake views and park vistas backed by the Chicago skyline. Paved walks lead to every booth and every artist is on the main loop. Food, Beverage and Music oasis in each corner of the festival provide good rest stops for artists and visitors. A special Artist VIP tent provides backup support during the festival. Discounted parking is made available to artists (fee).
Set up is dolly in and out, but most distances are short as we load this show in from three sides the day before the festival. Security is on site from load in through load out.
Festival Quick Facts
- Valet service/cartage in and out available (fee)
- Urban setting
- Dolly-in show
- Rental of weights, tents, and panels available (fee)
- Power available
- Reserved close paid parking (fee)
Important Dates and Deadlines
- January 23, 2023: Applications due for all festivals
- January 24, 2023 and Thereafter: Late application fees apply, $10 per festival
- February 23, 2023: Notifications of festival status online
- March 23, 2023: Registration forms and show fees due (in full or half).
- March 24, 2023 and Thereafter: Late registration fees apply, $20 per festival
- April 1, 2023: Last day for refunds (less $50)
- May 1, 2023: Balances for show fees due
*Dates and details subject to change
Exhibiting Artist Information
Follow Amdur Productions Just for Artists on Facebook!
- Artist Sales: Artists keep all their sales income from the show.
- Exhibitor Spaces: About 300 spaces
- Staff Support: Amdur Productions staff is present on site throughout the entire festival to assist artists from load in to load out.
- Load-in: Set up is the Friday before the show or Saturday morning of the show. This is a dolly in show.
- Booth Sitting: Amdur Productions staff is available to booth sit for artists throughout the entire festival
- Artist Parking: Amdur Productions gives their best effort to provide close parking at discounted rates.
- Tent Rental: Weights, tables, and chairs also avaliable for rent (fee).
- ProPanel Rental: We have limited “pro-panel” walls available for artists. Rental is on a first come/first served basis, quantity is limited. $300 = 9 panels fully set up, $250 = 9 panels without set up.
- Valet Service: An Amdur Productions staff member will help load a motorized cart and valet your belongings to your booth for you. For an additional fee, this service is available.
- Hotel Rooms: Amdur Productions works to provide discounts at local hotels for each festival.
- Break Room: An artist break room/area provides refreshments throughout the festival for artists.
- Hotel Rooms: Amdur Productions works with a company that provides discounts at local hotels and rental properties for each festival.
- Awards: Bestowed at the festival.
- Marketing: A large multi-layered marketing plan supports this show with ads running in newspapers, advertisements, on radio, posters, street banners, social media, and through direct mail postcards. A professional public relations team ensures high visibility for this festival.
- Security: Over-night security is provided.