Northbrook Art in the Park Virtual Art Fair
Terms, Conditions and Agreements
Date: Saturday May 30, 2020
Time: Noon-4:00pm CST
The Northbrook Art in the Park Virtual Art Fair (also known as the Virtual Art Fair and Virtual Northbrook Art in the Park Event) is an event to benefit artists who were previously scheduled to participate in person in the Northbrook Art in the Park event. The event has been changed to an online event in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional artists may participate if jured into this event.
Artists are responsible for uploading their art and related images prior to the registration deadline May 15, 2020 and shipping all sold items to the buyer following the event as soon as possible, no longer than 2 weeks after the event.
This event is open to artists who juried into the Northbrook Art in the Park event for 2020 and additional artists who jury into this event.
To participate in The Virtual Northbrook Art in the Park event, artists must sign the attached Agreement and pay the $100 participation fee.
- The deadline for confirming participation via this agreement is May 15, 2020 at Noon CST.
- The deadline for submitting ALL item listings and images is May 15, 2020 at Noon. Time is needed to do the finishing details before the event.
- Notice of cancellation (removal of artists from the Online event) must be received in writing to [email protected] by Monday May, 15, 2020 at Noon CST.
RULES + REGULATIONS
Amdur Productions reserves the right to vet, edit and refuse images not in keeping with the quality or character of work submitted in jury from the The Virtual Northbrook Art in the Park Website in violation of the policy.
- All work must be made by the artists, regardless of media. Work done by a commercial production studio is NOT allowed. No work will be exhibited which has been made with the use of commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, stencils or prefabricated forms.
- Artists must submit a minimum of three images that represent a single item in each image, and a maximum of 40 images. Artists are encouraged to have images of high quality, in focus, well let. Multiples are allowed to be sold from a single image in the case of photographers, hand made prints, jewelry and similar.
- Artists must ensure that all images submitted will be available for purchase by online customers during the event. It will however be possible for artists to replace or substitute images up to and through the event if needed, however, a minimum of three images must be maintained at all times.
- Artists are encouraged to upload a head shot and booth shot or short video of no longer than 2 minutes to the festival, as well as an artist statement or quote.
- Artists are responsible for uploading images to the event with titles, prices and descriptions. Submission of all items will be the artist’s responsibility.
- Artists are each responsible for shipping and handling of items sold to buyers. Artists must include shipping costs as part of the price of the item. All items will be listed with the statement “Shipping costs are included in purchase price to the continental US. No shipments or sales outside of the continental US. All funds must be in US currency.”
- Artists pay a flat $100 fee to participate in the online event, All proceeds from artist sales is the property of the artist. Artists will be notified at the time of a sale, and have a maximum of 2 weeks to ship their art to the customer, at which time, artists must email confirmation of shipment to [email protected] with the subject line as “TRACKING NUMBER FOR NORTHBROOK VAF” containing a tracking number and also containing proof of shipping insurance. Artists will receive their final payment via check within ten (10) business days following the date of shipment.
- Amdur Productions is not responsible for any damage to items in transit, nor the replacement of purchased items not received by buyers. Any communications regarding item shipment, arrival, item details, etc. from buyer post event will be referred to the artists directly. Artists who do not fulfill purchases will not be invited to participate in future events, and they must refund the amount for that item to Amdur Productions.
Artists may elect to host a zoom chat room during the event. Artists are responsible for setting up their own zoom chat room by May 15 via Zoom. As Zoom allows for meetings of only 40 minutes, artists are encouraged to purchase the upgraded Zoom membership which provides for longer meetings. The price of Zoom is not included in the online event participation fee. For more info, go to zoom.us.
Failure to comply with the terms or conditions of this application may result in the termination of the Artist’s participation in future Amdur Productions events.
Artists grant Amdur Productions, Inc. and their representatives permission to use photos of all artwork and logos submitted for use in news releases and/or promotional materials including but not limited to printed and electronic publications, websites or other electronic communications including names and identities is descriptive text or commentary in connection with the images. Artists authorize the use of these images without compensation to the Artist.
LIABILITY + LOSS
Amdur Productions, Inc. assumes no liability for loss or damage to any property of the Artists. Amdur Productions, Inc. shall not be responsible for any breach of the law by Artists or their employees or contractors. Artists agree not to bring any suit for damages against Amdur Productions, Inc. for any personal injuries or property damages which may occur to Artists or their employees or contractors.
Artists agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Amdur Productions, Inc. and its officers, directors, employees and volunteers, from any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, lawsuits, actions and attorney fees arising out of the Artists’ participation in the Northbrook Art in the Park Virtual Art Fest, the provision or sale of the Artists products at the Virtual Art Fest and any actions or omissions of the Artists’ agents and/or employees—whether intentional, reckless or negligent—in connection with the Artists ’participation in the Northbrook Art in the Park Virtual Art Fest. By participating in the Northbrook Art in the Park Virtual Art Festival, you agree to participate in the Northbrook Art in the Park Virtual Art Festival, and adhere to all terms and conditions laid forth in this agreement.